Trustee/ Council Members
London Sinfonietta is recruiting to its Board of Trustees, the London Sinfonietta Council.
The London Sinfonietta’s mission is to make new music to inspire and engage a world-wide audience.
The Council is the principal leadership body for the charity ensuring strategic and operational decisions are congruent with the mission and objectives of the organisation and are operated within the laws and regulations that govern. Artistic and Operational strategy and decisions are delegated to the Management Team of thirteen led by Chief Executive & Artistic Director Andrew Burke. Development and Finance Working Groups jointly formed by members of both Council and Staff report back to the Council itself. London Sinfonietta is seeking new trustees to join the Council as it moves beyond its 50th anniversary and embarks on the next stages of its development.
General scope of role
- Policy and strategic planning
- Fundraising and advocacy
- Legal and Financial
- Employment and Personnel
Specific skill sets
In this round of recruitment we are specifically seeking expertise in the areas of:
- Audience Development & Fundraising
- Education & Participation
We always welcome interest from candidates with other professional skill sets. Candidates are welcomed from a diverse range of backgrounds as we seek to broaden and enhance the experience and support of the Council.
- Attendance at regular Council meetings (4 meetings per year)
- Involvement in working group meetings, as agreed in addition.
- Attendance at performances by the ensemble as well as any other key events such as fundraising events.
- Advice and support to senior management staff by phone or e-mail if required.
How to apply
Please send your CV and application letter by post to:
Andrew Burke, Chief Executive & Artistic Director – London Sinfonietta, Kings Place, 90 York Way, London, N1 9AG
Or by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The deadline for applications is on the 3rd December 2018.